Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Mad Town Mondays IX: Spiders!

There are so many freaking bugs around here! Seriously, I've never seen so many in my life. There are cobwebs on every single one of my stairs; every 100 feet there is a swarm of gnats; and the ants are definitely invading.

Last week, Lewis was gone on a business trip so I became the sole bug killer in the house. It was awful. There was a spider hanging out on the ceiling right above the doorway into the livingroom that was so big there is no way it would fit in a tape box. It was about the size of a coaster. And it just kept lurking there and the baby kept trying to play under it. So I had to deal with this invader myself.  I psyched myself up and with a mighty swing of my boot, it fell to the ground, dead. But not before I heard all of its legs break. Sickest sound ever.

This morning when I was taking my bath, a little spider (one of those jumpy ones) comes crawling down the wall towards the tub. I grabbed a shampoo bottle and tried to kill it but I didn't get it and it ran behind the rest of the bottles. I tried to forget it but in a few minutes, I see it floating around in my bath! So I spent forever fishing it out with my son's bath toy (don't worry, I'll wash the toy before I give it back to him).

Just a few minutes ago, I took my laundry down to the basement and before I even got in the door, I walked into a spider web. I look up and there are five quarter-size nasties above my head. I tried to stay cool but I lost it and ran back upstairs. I tell you what, I better get some seriously thick skin soon because these spiders are ruling my life!

Then again, maybe I just need a flame thrower...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

barlow.stephanie said...

Get the flame thrower. Oh man I gringed so much reading this. EWWWW! I hate spiders.

Marly C said...

Yuck! I remember all of the bugs out there. However, I did like all of the fireflies in the summer nights:-)

Post a Comment