Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know most of you have already forgotten all about Valentine's Day. I had too until I started getting pictures off my camera and found a picture of the beautiful bouquet Lewis bought me. So here's a fun little post about how my Valentine's Day was.

The three weeks leading up to Valentine's Day, Lewis and I spent helping my best friend, Rena, plan an awesome spy game themed dinner for her family. Every year, they plan a fun family dinner rather than fight the hordes of people at the restaurants. It's a great tradition and one I might just implement myself. Anyway, the dinner was a success. You might even say it was the bomb! Har har har... (Everyone died when they failed to disarm the bomb.)

The night before Valentine's Day, we went on a double date with my brother, Ben and his wife, Windy. We went to Burger Supreme for dinner (my favorite burger place EVER!) and then went to Trafalga in Lehi for laser tag. It was my first time trying laser tag and I was a little worried that I wouldn't be up to all the running around, given that I've never been keen on running even when I'm not pregnant. But there is actually no running allowed. So it was actually really awesome. In fact, it was so much fun, that I want to do that for every date night!

On Valentine's Day itself, I got to participate in a fun card exchange with my old Cali peeps. I got Katie who, like myself, is a huge Doctor Who fan. So I made her this card:



 And I received this amazing card from Rebecca:



I had so much fun making the card for the exchange that I decided to make a card for Lewis and my mom too.

Lewis likes the macabre

My mom's card has one of my favorite mother-daughter combos in cinema on the cover with the word "Agape" on it, which means unconditional love or familial love. And the back says "Thank you". I think that really captured the feelings I wanted to express to my mom. I am so grateful for her unconditional love and all that she is willing to do and has done for me.



Lewis is far better at big romantic gestures than I am and got me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. He has a great story about it that I'll let him tell in the comments.


front

back
All of the beautiful presents were nice but the best part about my Valentine's Day was spending time with my loved ones and celebrating all the different kinds of love that bless my life.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Where's Lewis's story??

Fun Valentine's Day!

Lewis R Strasburg said...

Oh hey, I didn't know I was up to bat. Let's see, it was a long time ago, in a flower shop just down the road that I first bought Anni roses to congratulate her on graduating college. They were orange-blend roses with a wreath of Morning Glories (her favorite flower). For this Valentine's Day, I thought it would be a romantic gesture to buy from the same flower shop. Unfortunately, the shop was totally obliterated, so I found myself in a shop on Center St. instead.

Walking in, I had to duck past the furious complaints of woman at the front desk who had a dozen or so grievances about her flower arrangement. I browsed the back of the shop, but wasn't feeling inspired yet. I knew I wanted to avoid red roses and anything pink, which I told to one of the florists who offered to help me. Meanwhile, the argument continued at the counter, despite the fact that the person she complained to was ready to give her a refund and let her keep the flowers. The lady left, saying she would return with her daughter, who I guess the flowers were for. I decided I had to see the flowers myself.

I was stunned. The arrangement was amazing! A lovely variety, great character, and the guy at the counter mentioned how theirs was the only shop in town that had poppies when they were so far out of season. It even had one orange-blend rose, just like the ones I gave Anni years ago. I offered to buy it, saying obviously the lady wasn't going to be satisfied. The little imperfections just made it genuine for me. But he knew the woman would be back and be all the more furious that the flowers were gone. They started making me an arrangement just like it instead.

The lady and her daughter returned while I waited. The daughter wasn't quite as outspoken, but not satisfied either. They started to complain that the new one they were making for me looked better. The florists, who were touched that I wanted to rescue the spurned arrangement, mentioned that I wanted to buy it if she didn't want it. She looked at me a little surprised, asked me if I noticed some particular failing of the flowers, and I just replied that they were beautiful to me. We switched arrangements, but on my way out, one of the florists wanted to thank me. She gave me a package of chocolate for free.

I carefully and proudly brought the flowers home for Anni, where we enjoyed them for quite a few days, and delighted in watching the lilies slowly open up and share their lovely fragrance.

Post a Comment