Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Baby Shower for Baby Girl


 On March 21st, my friends threw me an awesome baby shower!

Stephanie did an AMAZING job on the decorations. I wish I had more pictures because they were so cute! I'm saving all of them to put up in the nursery.




The refreshments (the most important part to a pregnant lady!) were great. My mom and I spent the night before making the chicken salad. It was alot more work than I expected but it was nice to spend some time working alongside my mom again. We had quite a few people bring veggie and fruit trays, which was so sweet.


For the punch, I did orange juice ice cubes and I used the only silicone trays I had which happened to be in the shape of skulls. My mom said that was macabre but I told her no one would notice. See, Mom, no one noticed!

Sister Adair made the most delicious key lime tarts! By the end of the party there were only a handful left. (I hid them for secret snacking!)

Rena was the host and did all the games. She knows how much I love stories, so she had everyone tell a crazy story about their kids, or themselves as kids. There were some gross ones, some sweet ones and some really hilarious ones.


 My mom told a story about me when I was around a year old. I was always very picky about what outfit I wanted to wear that day. I would crawl over to the dresser and pick out my clothes everyday. If my mom tried to put me in anything else, I would throw a huge fit. I sure hope my baby girl isn't like that! I guess I deserve it if she is though.


Sister Adair told a story about underage driving. She had her 2yr old and her 4yr old buckled in their carseats and she had to run into the house to grab something. When she gets back out a couple minutes later, the car is rolling towards the ditch on the other side of the road! The 2yr old had somehow unbuckled himself, climbed into the front seat and put the car in neutral. So Sister Adair goes running and screaming after the car which rolls to a stop in the ditch. When she gets the kids out of the car and makes sure everyone is ok, her 4yr old looks at her and says, "Mommy, you shouldn't let [the 2yr old] drive. He's a bad driver."


Sister Cunningham told a really sweet story. When her first child was 2yrs old, she had twins. One day she was taking the kids out of the car, but only having two arms, she picked up one of the babies and the 2yr old and started to carry them into the house. The 2yr old started throwing a huge fit and would absolutely not leave the baby. She must have thought that mommy was abandoning the baby or something and would not calm down until Sister Cunningham took the two babies inside and came back for her. She's always been very protective and takes care of her little brothers as if they were her own babies.


After we'd chatted for a while and gotten some food, we opened presents!


I wasn't as interested in the presents this time around since I mainly have everything I need. But I was amazed by how many thoughtful and beautiful presents people brought. There were several homemade blankets that were just gorgeous. There were some fun and adorable outfits and then some awesome useful things like diapers and wipes. Now I just need to get the thank you notes out...

I'm so grateful to everyone who came and all those who helped. It was the perfect baby shower for this pregnant lady, full of fun, food and celebration of new life. Thank you everyone!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Changed for the better said...

awwwww cute :) I want the key lime tarts recipe

Post a Comment