Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Mad Town Mondays VI: Spring Cleaning

It's finally gotten warm out here in the Big Woods. So last Saturday, we finally put all the screens in the windows and vacuumed out all the lead paint chips. And now this week is Spring Cleaning!

I always love the feeling of sitting in a perfectly clean room, enjoying my handiwork, and feeling the relaxing calm that always comes when nothing is out of place. So this week, I embark on the odious but rewarding task of Spring Cleaning.

So far, I've killed a spider and three ants, cleaned all the baseboards and windows in my room and vacuumed the floors. I even moved all the furniture and washed the walls. Of course, as soon as I was one window pane away from a perfectly clean room, Indy got spit up all over himself, the carpet, and my dust ruffle. Oh, the life of a mom...

But the good news is that I still got everything done ahead of schedule, plus got our health care organized, gave a friend a ride home from the airport, and got the blog up before nightfall! I'm feeling pretty accomplished today. If tomorrow and the rest of the week goes this well, I'll have this place sparkling by the time my brother's family comes this weekend. (I'm so excited for our first visitors!)



Notice: Next week I won't have a Mad Town Monday due to it being Memorial Day and having family in town. But I will be posting about our adventures later on in the week.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Steven said...

Yay for cleaning! I did most of this dishes today.

barlow.stephanie said...

Wow super busy day. I love sitting in a clean room especially one that I just cleaned spotless.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Yay! What a productive day!

I've been meaning to clean for weeks. Or, well, probably months...

Post a Comment