Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Indy Turns 2!

For Indy's 2nd birthday we decided on a Thomas theme. Indy is obsessed with Thomas. He will put any rectangular items in a line and say "Thomas! Choo Choo!" He also calls all trains Thomas. So we thought he'd be thrilled with the theme we picked.

I was rather uncertain about the rest of the party though. I wasn't sure about the date or time or anything. So I did some facebook polling, some consulting with family, and way too much reading of blogs. I decided on Sept. 20th at 10am so I could finally make the invitations.


I handed out the invites to my ward members and invited the family. ( I actually have family around here! It's been far too long since we lived near family.) According to the RSVP's, we expected 23 kids and 23 adults. Thankfully, they didn't show up all at once and not quite that many showed.

As I mentioned before, I read WAY too many blogs for party ideas and got a little ambitious. I made a train out of cardboard boxes for the kids to play in, several Thomas themed signs, themed food, crayon containers, and decorations. If I hadn't had all the great help from Stephanie the night before, Windy making the cake, and my family help put everything together in the morning, I would have died. In fact, I was freaking out when 10am rolled around and we still didn't have everything done. We started a little late but we pulled it together.











Indy had a great time playing in the train. He spent 90% of the party there. In fact, we had to lure him with the train so that he would come open presents.

He loved all his presents and the awesome train cake Windy made.




All the hard work paid off with the kids having a great time....






And the adults having a splendid time too!




Thanks everyone for coming! Happy Birthday, Indy!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

What a cute party! I can't believe he's already 2!!

Ann said...

I'm always surprised my friends kids are as big as they are. But it doesn't surprise me one bit that Indy is already 2 because I see him growing everyday.

Post a Comment