Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Indy's 1st Birthday Party!

September is the month of a thousand birthdays and my son is one of them. For Indy's 1st birthday party we picked a Curious George theme. It's one of the only things Indy expressed repeated interest in and it's actually a super cute show. So I was excited to start planning!

First I picked the date and location and made the invitation.



Making the invite was grueling and incredibly frustrating but I loved it! I loved collecting all the images and combining them into my own custom invite. Maybe I can be a crafty mormon mom after all!

As the day got close, we realized the weather was not going to be good enough for the outdoor party I had envisioned by the lake. So we were stuck with our little apartment. It was'nt the best venue but we all squeezed in.

On one side of the room I had Curious George episodes playing, some toys and a bubble machine going for the kids. (This was a bad idea. The TV was too distracting for the adults and the bubble machine made the floor really slippery really fast!)



On the other side of the room, I had refreshments, favors, and a make your own party hat activity. The refreshments consisted of bananas (of course!), rice krispy treats, animal crackers, bunny crackers, cupcakes and lemonade. Basically, it was everything left over from Lewis' vending business and cupcakes.

The cups and plates were supposed to look like The Man in the Yellow Hat's hat but I didn't get the black bands put on them in time. So I don't think anyone got it.

I forgot to take a pic before we started eating. Oops! So much for the crafty mom thing....

My favorite part of this whole party was the favors. I made an Adopt a Monkey basket by going to St. Vincent de Paul's Dig and Save thrift store. Coolest thrift store ever!!!! They have tons of huge bins of stuff and you pay for it by the pound. So I paid 35 cents per pound for these awesome monkeys! I found an actual Curious George monkey, a funny gorilla that would suck on his thumbs or toes, a creepy astronaut monkey with a wide grin, some valentine ones, some big ones, and some tiny ones and attached a thank you for coming button on each.


 For an activity, I printed out a bunch of Curious George party hats to color.

I get the feeling the adults liked that activity more than the kids did...

After the kids played for a while and all the adults were getting really bored, we opened presents and had cake.











All in all, things came together all right and Indy had a great time. So I declare this birthday party a success!



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

barlow.stephanie said...

I love how you wrote this post. You are awesome. Happy Birthday Indy!

Karen M. Peterson said...

So cute! What a fun party idea, and I love the invitations!

Ann said...

Thanks, guys. :) I never really meant for this to be a mommy blog but that's all I have energy for these days, as evidenced by this being a year late! lol.

Post a Comment