Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Mad Town Mondays III: Christmas is in the Air

I apologize for this post being a day late. I wrote it yesterday but I was in such a foul mood that it came out quite mean. So before I posted a blog comparing all my neighbors to Ed Gein, I decided to sleep on it. I awoke with my darling baby giggling at me, the birds chirping in the trees, and my outlook refreshed. So I've revised it and now this post is a  Mad Town Tuesday rather than Monday but I think the bloggerverse is a better place for it. So with out further ado:


 Mad Town Mondays III: Christmas is in the Air

When we moved to Madison, in mid January, it was not too odd to see Christmas lights and decorations still up. However, as it got into February and March and then April and now almost May, I'm starting to think, What is wrong with these people?!! But before I judge them too harshly, I remembered that spring is never coming, and maybe they need to cling to their last happy memory as a reminder that life is still worth living. So in case you need a pick-me-up here is a Christmas light show for you:
 













Of course, I'm not sure what the rationale is for the Halloween decorations still being up:


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

barlow.stephanie said...

Hilarious! Maybe it is too cold to take everything down.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Funny!

I remember in Quebec people put up their Christmas decorations in October and left them until March or April because it was just too cold in the winter to mess with them.

What gets me isn't that the Wisconsin halls are still decked. It's that they actually still TURN THE LIGHTS ON.

Post a Comment